Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentines Day - Pay It Forward

Happy Valentines Day!!!

To my friends in relationships, may your day be filled with love and friendship! Appreciate all the little things in life and tell your other half what you love about them!

To the single ladies, tell yourself what you love about YOU today... and then pay it forward. There is nothing better than giving to someone else who is single on valentines day. Then, go out and have some wine with your friends.


I want to make today about the phrase "Pay it forward". Have you seen the movie?



If you haven't seen this movie - you need to watch it.

Do you know what "Pay It Forward" means?
Do between one good deed for three other people without asking for anything in return. Instead the recipient should be instructed to pay it forward to someone else in need.


Examples:

1. At a drive through, pay for the car behind’s meal and give the cashier a Pay it Forward card to pass on…You could do this at the train station, at a coffee shop – anywhere you like.

2. Tell the manager of a restaurant how great your waiter/waitress was. This can happen in any store / business you visit. Aim at brightening someone else’s day

3. Buy Lottery Scratch-Off tickets and put one in an envelope with a “Pay It Forward Card” inserted. Hand it to a receptionist on the way out of a business appointment. You just might change that person’s whole life.

4. If you are washing your own car or mowing your own lawn, do the same for your next door neighbor

5. Be a mentor for someone who needs some support.

6. Do some work for a client or one that can’t afford your services free of charge – just ask that they Pay it Forward

How I paid it forward today:

I thought about this and I wanted to try it for valentines day. I made 35 valentines day goodie bags with Hershey chocolates. Instead of giving them to my friends, I'm going to give them to my other classmates who are on the hardest clinical rotations in this terribly cold weather. I remember when I was going through those rotations, a little thank you goodie bag would have meant the world! 



I promise I only ate a few chocolates while making the bags.... And I threw some in my lunch box as a gift to myself tomorrow!

~ Don't forget to love yourself today, after all, you are the most important!!~




No comments :

Post a Comment