Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pain to Power

Pain to Power

If  you think about that statement, it's very powerful itself. How do you go from comfortable to outside of your comfort zone? How do you get out of a rut and get in control? How do you go from pain, depression, and being to victim to powerful, happy, and successful?

Rememebr this book?

Yes, I'm still posting lessons from it, don't worry.

In the book, she talks about a Pain to Power chart, I'm going to summarize:

The kind of power she is talking about is not the negative kind of power, not the egotistical man, the buff gym guy, the abusive spouse, the president, or Hitler. Actually these men (or women) have no feeling of power, that's why they feel the need to control those around them. Their lack of power leaves them in a constant state of fear.

The power she is talking about is about healthy self-love power. The power within the self. This means power over your perceptions of the world, power over how you react to situations in your life, power to do what is necessary for your own self-growth, power to create joy and satisfaction in your life, power to act, and power to love.

This kind of power has nothing to do with anyone else.

No one is more unloving than a person who can't own his or her own power. Such people spend their lives trying to pull it out of everyone else. Their need creates all sorts of manipulative behavior.

A self assured woman who is in control of her life draws like a magnet. She is so filled with positive energy that people want to be around her. Love and power go together!

This is the chart she gave:
 Where do you fall on this chart?

Here is mine: I've updated it a couple times since last summer

I know it's hard to read. It says on 8/2/13, which was when I started this book, I was depressed, had anxiety, felt helpless, stressed, and could not even see my goals. On 11/23/13 I started my Christmas break from school and I felt relieved, felt like I had a chance to gain control, and didn't have anxiety anymore. On 2/22/14 (yesterday), I felt SOOO much better. After all of the personal development and all of the work on myself and my happiness that I did over my break... I can see my future, I have goals, and I feel happy to be alive and to be ME! 

Look at where I am, I can NOT wait to keep going!!! SO excited!!

So you need to:

1. Go make your own! The trick for moving from pain to power is ACTION!

2. Then put this chart on your wall! This will be a daily reminder of where you want to go in your life

3. Look at it everyday and ask yourself, "Do I see myself at the same place, or have I moved?"

4. If you keep in mind the direction you want to go, it will help you make decisions about what you are doing in your life. Before you take any action in life, say to yourself "Is this action moving me to a more powerful place?" If it isn't you will think twice about doing it. BUT if you do something that doesn't help you move forward, don't get mad at yourself. Use it as a learning experience to change what you will do next time.

5. Have fun. Write "angels fly because they take themselves lightly" to remember that life isn't so serious, so don't make yourself go so crazy!!








No comments :

Post a Comment