Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Snacking = Enemy?

Is there a time of day that you KNOW ruins your weight loss and fitness results?

I've always struggled with binge eating and I'm doing so much better thank you to shakeology and my fitness groups!
But now I've realized that snacking is a small, quiet, sneaky version of binge eating... like a passive aggressive little pain in the butt!


For me, the worst time of the day is as soon as I come home all the way until I go to bed.

When I'm not paying attention, I will snack when I get home, eat dinner, snack, eat dessert, snack... So basically I will eat 5 dinners before I realize what I'm doing.

I snack when I'm thirsty and I snack when I'm up late.


So how do we fix this problem?!

You need to CHANGE something during these times of the day. FOCUS on these times specifically.

You need to stay aware during these times. Why do you snack then?

Some tips:
- Change your diet, add healthy snacks throughout the day so you are not hungry or craving anything during that "snack" time
- Make your planned healthy snack time right before that bad time, so you are not hungry and don't over eat
- Set an alarm to that time to remind yourself to stay aware and on track
- Focus on changing your schedule during that time to stay distracted

So, today when I get home, I'm going to drink 3 glasses of water. Then I'm going to go on my run with my dog. If I still feel like I'm going to lose control, I'm going to pack my dinner, and leave my house (my roommate keeps unhealthy food in our fridge).

AND when I get home, I'm going to BED - No more snacks!!!

SLEEP solves ALOT of mental instabilities that you don't even realize are going on. Feel like your slipping in any way? GO TO BED.

I WANT results. I'm going to fix anything that gets in the way. I don't want to let myself down! I really believe I can do this!

Believe in Yourself. Do what you need to to help yourself  today :)

No comments :

Post a Comment