Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Dream BIG!


Most of us grew up with big plans and dreams. We might have hoped to become a professional athlete, a Nobel Prize winning scientist, a famous novelist, a movie star, or president of the United States. 
(my gorgeous niece!)

We dream very big when we are young. Why? We don't have anyone telling us we can't, we don't have limitations, we don't have bills to pay, we don't have responsibilities, and we don't have the Negative Nancys in our head telling us we can't.

Yet, over time, most of these childhood fantasies and dreams are not remembered. We get in touch with our limitations, responsibilities, and priorities... often settling for something less than we had hoped for when we were young dreamers.

So many people live with the disappointment that they 
“I could have been a ___”
"I should have ___"
"I wish I ___"

 SO should we have huge crazy dreams or small realistic ones? Should we hold onto those dreams we had as a child?
I remember being young and all I wanted was a cat, a trampoline, to go to Alaska, and to be a dolphin trainer. 
Then, as a pre-teen, all I wanted was naturally straight blonde hair, to be skinny, I wanted to be famous, a professional surfer, and I wanted to be a veterinarian. 
As I got older, I wanted a boy to like me, I still wanted to be skinny, I still wanted to be a veterinarian, and I wanted to have more friends. 
As a young adult, I still wanted to be skinny, I still want to be a veterinarian, I want to make alot of money, and I want to be happy.
(baby me and my sister!)


Don't forget who you dreamed of being as a child. While sometimes the dreams were unrealistic, like my desire to be famous or to be a dolphin trainer... some of them are still doable! I can be skinny, I can buy a trampoline, I already have a cat, I'm in veterinary school, I will find a way to make money, and I'm learning to be happy :)

Ask yourself, 
1. What were your dreams?
2. What are your dreams now?
3. What do you need to do daily to reach those dreams and goals?
4. MAKE A DREAM LIST (better than bucket) 
5. DO IT
... it really is that simple.

xoxox


No comments :

Post a Comment