Sunday, June 15, 2014

Contagious Happiness

I know everyone has self-doubt, believe you me, I do all the time. But then I say:

"SCREW OFF mind, this is a waste of time, think of something else... something good, positive, and happy."

Don't ever forget that we are our worst critic. 

My quest to happiness has been going for exactly 6 months now. I can't believe the difference I see in myself. 

Here is a WOW moment/great example that happened to me this week:

Through vet school we are doing "externships". We spend only 10 days with a veterinary clinic and try to learn as much as possible about veterinary medicine and practice. They only have 10 days to get to know us as a person, professional, and future veterinarian before they have to grade us. 10 days... that's NOTHING.

While on externships, you are all on your own. You have branched off from your 80 classmates that you usually share all of the attention and learning with... talk about AWESOME. Wayyyyy out of your comfort zone.

I just finished an externship this week, and when it came time for the veterinarian to grade me.. he said, verbatim,   "You know, you are just so happy... and you being happy, makes me happy."

I can't explain how happy I was to hear that! He had no idea what he was saying.

~Never ever stop trying. Never ever stop dreaming.~


No comments :

Post a Comment